Job title: Assistant Buyer
Company: Hoop Recruitment
Job description: Hoop Professional Services are working with a great organisation in the Vale of Glamorgan and as they have won a huge contract, that are going through an exciting period of growth and are growing their team by recruiting for a permanent Assistant Buyer.
They are looking at improve efficiencies and streamlining their operations to support and ensure continued growth and this role pay a part in this.
Reporting into the Head of Planning & Supply chain, duties will include but not limited to:
- Obtaining parts, materials and equipment
- Working collaboratively with the Planning, Stores and Production teams
- Contributes to the efficient running and continuous improvement of the department, whilst delivering exceptional levels of customer service and meeting the required performance indicators in line with Company goals.
- Supports the day-to-day management of suppliers and internal customer needs /deliveries across the multiple sites
- Compares and evaluates supplier quotes
- Accurately processes Purchase Orders using the Company’s purchasing software.
- Tracks and follows up POs to ensure the timely deliveries of goods.
- Assesses and reviews the quality of purchased products.
- Enters updated records (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases.
- Sets up and maintains accurate records of suppliers, purchased products, delivery information and invoices.
- Monitors stock levels and places orders as required.
- Researches potential suppliers and develops appropriate Service Level Agreements
- Builds effective working relationships with both existing and potential new suppliers
- Reduces costs where possible without compromising on product quality, availability and delivery timescales.
- Executes logistics plans and organises transportation activities, including storage of parts, and transportation of components to third parties for servicing as required.
- Coordinates and tracks movement of parts and aircraft components into and out of the Company.
- Actively contributes to the development and continuous improvement on internal procedures and processes
- Informs the H&S team if a new item has been ordered that will need an COSHH assessment
- Any other tasks and duties as reasonably required in accordance with the needs of the business
- Experience Demonstrable purchasing/procurement experience in a similar role.
- Can demonstrate excellent IT skills including data exportation.
- Knowledge of working with Approved Suppliers.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths and English Language.
- Level 3 CIPS qualification would be advantageous but not essential
- Able to communicate effectively
- Negotiation skills – able to confidently influence a positive outcome
- Organisation skills – able to prioritise workload and tasks effectively
- Flexible – willing and able to respond to changing circumstances and expectations readily
Hours of Work: Monday-Thursday, Tuesday-Friday on a rotating basis, 07:00 – 17:45.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to work in a hands on role where there is growth and an opportunity to progress. Get in touch if you would like to know more, we’d love to hear from you.
Expected salary: £22000 per year
Location: Vale of Glamorgan
Job date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 04:31:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!