Job title: D&IS Project Material Manager
Job description: Req ID:396702
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
This role is working on the Eastern Region projects so can be based in Hatfield, York or Cambridge offices.
Purpose of the job
- Coordinate, consolidate and secure QCD commitments within the Material Scope in Project Execution. Transversally through the different work packages. Having end to end accountability regardless of if it is Make or Buy, or if it is generic and standard product or project specific, and regardless of if it is A class or C class material.
- Manage industrial scope assigned by the D&IS project ensuring that the products (Alstom generic products, project specific products, installation materials) – including notably documentation and certificates – are delivered to the project stakeholders (Installation, Engineering, Customer,) according to project QCD commitments.
- One interface in the core project team meeting representing both the Operations and Supply Chain function.
Ensure that the Project Execution is aligned to the Procurement Platform Objectives with regards to material scope.
Based in Hatfield with visits to project sites, the responsibilities of the Project Material Manager are as follows:
At Tender phase, the PMM:
- Contribute to tender phase, especially on Project Industrial Organization and Make or Buy Industrial basis to take into account industrial constraints and requirements in order to optimize material flow, costs and minimize risks.
- At project start, the PMM:
- Get QCD commitment as built at tender phase in the respective LU and PUs, ensure the commitments are well understood by the Project, Industrial, Supply Chain and Procurement team.
- Understand the Project Procurement Strategy to ensure it is fulfilled during execution and part of the Project Management Plan
- Organize launch meeting involving PM, SSMs if applicable.
- Work in collaboration with the PPM and other PMMs to ensure the strategy is clear and agreed
- Project Execution: for all material of project PBS/BoM, the PMM:
- Ensure the proper set-up of Project Industrialization process and manage the corresponding deliverables in QCD. Leading Unit PMM coordinates with Core Team, Support Functions and other PMMs of Participating Units.
- Apply Signalling Project Industrial Process.
- On top of Industrialization Process maximize the usage of standardized product inside the project material delivery scope and industrialize the logistics flow to reduce end to end material lead time (from Supplier to Customer).
- Be proactive on BoM availability and associated obsolescence management plan (under Project responsibility).
- Drive the demand to Industrial Operations and deliver the Industrial QCD work package from all Signalling Regional Centres involved, in liaison with other Industrial Operation teams who lead the execution of following tasks: supervision of material procurement, manufacturing & testing, logistic & shipment.
- Guarantee that the level of stock on his/her project fits to the industrial strategy of the Regional Centre/Operations, especially through consistent industrial planning update according to project context shipment.
- Supervise cash flow curve related to material orders and minimize the time the material remains in the warehouse. Support project closure to clean and close the Hard Inventory.
- Have a general vision of the Project’s / suppliers’ progress, stakes, and difficulties. Define and agree with Procurement the capture of mitigation plans to be followed by Procurement.
- For Generic Products, ensure the coordination with the Project Engineering and Supply Chain/Logistic teams based on remote/participating units (notably ensures transfer orders are released timely and consistently to Participating Units).
- Follow project particular conditions are correctly applied and respected (such as localization rate, financial conditions…).
- Build the Estimate at Completion for Project Manager /each Sub-Systems if applicable and the project consolidation; and is accountable for the overall Project SAPR & RAPR including claim.
- Define improvement plans with Project Manager /respective Sub-System if applicable & Component teams – Follow-up the progress and ensure the progress is compliant with Project objectives.
- Co-Validates with Project Manager /Sub-System Manager each gap vs CPR0 (deviation sheet & bridge approval process).
Project Execution: for Project specific products (notably on-board cabinets, trackside shelters …), the PMM:
- Check completeness and on time availability of the detailed design (under PrEM responsibility).
- Define industrial scheme and related make or buy strategy.
- Coordinate and supervises the Industrial Operations that are in charge of the following tasks: supervision of material procurement, products manufacturing and testing, logistic & shipment.
- Ensure that necessary inputs data allowing respect of QCD commitment are consistently and timely made available by other project contributors (such as BoM, BoQ, requirements specification, …). In particular monitor that development and Industrialization of new/modified generic Products (under PIM responsibility) used on the project is coherent with Project Industrial schedule and coordinates mitigation plan when needed.
- Ensure ePMFU deployment for the Project throughout each Sub-System if applicable & Component (together with the respective “métiers” contributing to populate it). Build a general overview for the Project Manager.
- During project warranty, coordinate the implementation of any repairs and retrofit plan needed for Material part of the industrial work package.
- Quality: DFQ / Project Industrial Review milestones following project schedule, Go FAI On-Time.
- Cost: External & Internal material cost monitoring including cost reduction versus budget).
- Cost: Project Hard Inventory. Cash in – cash out curve.
Delivery: Go Order On-Time and on time material deliveries to the project, No Missing parts
University Degree Engineering, MASTER (engineering, project management, Procurement and or Supply Chain…)
- Interest in technical field.
- Good understanding of production and logistics processes
- 3 to 8 years of experience (Project, Sourcing, Engineering, Quality…)
- Product / system technical knowledge
- Project Management knowledge
- ERP working knowledge
Competencies and Skills
- Ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Operational effectiveness / Accountability.
- Communication skills & Team spirit.
- Ability to challenge, results oriented.
- Rigorous and structured.
- International mindset and fluent in English.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Location: Hatfield, South Yorkshire
Job date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 22:03:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!