Job title: Transport Operations Controller
Company: Marks & Spencer
Job description: M&S is a leading British retailer, with a unique heritage and strong brand values. We operate as a family of businesses, selling high-quality, great-value, own-brand products, and services, alongside a carefully selected range of third-party brands. We do this through a network of 1,487 stores and 98 websites globally, and together, across our stores, support centres, warehouses, and supply chain, our 65,000 colleagues serve over 30 million customers each year.
Keeping the right products in the right place available to our customers is the responsibility of our Logistics Planning Centre based at our state-of-the-art distribution centre in Castle Donington.
We are looking for a Transport Operations Controller to join our team where you will be integral to supporting, analysing, and monitoring the execution of the national transport plan produced by the Logistics Planning Team.
Key responsibilities of this role, amongst others, will include:
- Using various IT systems to maintain a holistic overview of the logistics network
- Liaising with third party transport partners across the UK & supporting them with the daily execution of the transport plan
- Providing support to transport partners & internal teams in reacting to daily changes across the logistics network
- Identifying opportunities within the daily execution of the transport plan across the network to improve efficiency, service, and overall optimization
- Supporting the planning team with reporting and administration to maintain perfect service and network optimization
- Interrogating system data to provide management information, analysis and recommendations as necessary
To succeed in this role initiative and personal responsibility are crucial. You will be comfortable in a pressured environment, maintain clarity of communication and have the ability to see a task through until completion. Experience in transportation and demonstratable experience with various IT systems is desirable.
This role is to predominantly daytime hours 0600 â 18:00 however we do require the flexibility to cover nights on occasions. There is a two-week rolling shift pattern including every second weekend however Monday, Friday Saturday and Sunday you have the option to work remotely.
In return for your hard work at M&S Castle Donington you will receive the following, an on-site restaurant selling yummy M&S food, free parking, free Wi-Fi ,20% M&S Staff Discount, a market-leading pension scheme, a Car Share Scheme and other fflexible benefits including IT loans, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, car leasing and access to a free virtual GP.
We are an inclusive employer and are committed to an active Equal Opportunities Policy which starts with our recruitment and selection process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone or by email so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
Location: Castle Donington, Leicestershire
Job date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 05:13:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!